Cynthia Sass, MPH, MA, RD, CSSD is an internationally known nutrition and wellness expert. Board Certified as a Specialist in Sports Dietetics, Sass has served as a sports nutrition consultant to four professional sports teams, including the New York Yankees and New York Rangers. She is also a three time New York Times best selling author, columnist, and writer. Currently the contributing nutrition editor at Health magazine, Cynthia was previously a contributing editor at Shape, and served as the nutrition director at Prevention. Sass has appeared on numerous national TV programs, including The Today Show, Good Morning America, The Rachael Ray Show, The Dr. Oz. Show, The Doctors, The Martha Stewart Show, The Biggest Loser, Nightline, and many others. Her newest book, Slim Down Now (Harper Collins), includes a chapter devoted to the health and weight loss benefits of meditation. She lives in both Los Angeles, and New York City.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- Syracuse University, highest honors, Bachelor's Degree in Dietetics
- Syracuse University, Master's Degree in Nutrition Science with a concentration in counseling
- University of South Florida, 2nd Master's Degree in Public Health with a concentration in community and family health education
- Personal Trainer Certification at the Cooper Institute for Aerobics Research in Dallas, Texas
- Did plant-based Organic culinary arts training at the Institute for Culinary Awakening in Portland, Oregon
- Participated in a Mindfulness Meditation study at UCLA
- One of the 1st registered dietitians in the country to become Board Certified as a Specialist in Sports Dietetics, which is a credential she has held for 10 years
CLASSES/PRIVATES TAUGHT AT UNPLUG:
- Slim Down Now
- Mindful Eating
- Sports Nutrition
- Nutrition for Optimal Health
- Disease Prevention
- Recipe and Menu Development
- Sane, Sustainable Weight Management
- One-on-One Counseling
- Public Speaking
- Corporate Consulting
WHY I PRACTICE MEDITATION:
Meditation helps me feel like me. It also allows me to move through life with a sense of awareness, calm, and gratitude that feels like an amazing gift.
WHY I TEACH MEDITATION:
I love sharing information, connecting with others, and experiencing the energy of group meditation.